Mission of this site:
- To contribute to improvements in the quality of life and health of patients with atrial fibrillation.
- To help patients, their families and carers have a better understanding of atrial fibrillation.
All the recommendations in this site are in accordance with European Guidelines (see the European Society of Cardiology Practice Guidelines on Atrial Fibrillation here)
3. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
1. In no event will the ESC be liable to the user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information contained in or provided through the use of this website, nor for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages.
2. The information contained on this website is intended to supplement the support and care provided by qualified medical professionals. This website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice or medical care. The advice of a medical professional should always be sought before starting (or discontinuing) any form of medical treatment. To this end, all information contained within the website is provided for solely educational purposes.
3. Whilst the ESC has taken every precaution in compiling this website it cannot inspect all information to determine the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, completeness or relevancy thereof. In no event will the ESC be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
4. Under no circumstances will the ESC or any affiliated staff or website contributors, be liable to you, as a website visitor or any other person or body, for any decision taken or acted upon as a result of reliance on the information contained within the website. You agree that neither the ESC or any affiliated staff or website contributors, will be responsible for any damage (including without imitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages), or loss of data or loss of profit, even if the EHRA of the ESC or any affiliated staff or website contributors, has been advised of the possibility of such a loss.
5. The ESC does not warrant that the technical functions contained in the material contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
3. Copyright restrictions
1. The afibmatters.org website is owned by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from the ESC.
Documents on this website may be copied for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the ESC). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
2. Any unapproved use may result in actions being taken by the ESC to require removal of material concerned from display/distribution and possible legal action.
3. The website contains links to websites operated by parties other than the ESC. Such links are provided for the User's convenience only. The ESC does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. The ESC's inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.